Apr 20, 2012

GIANT BABA vs. BRUISER BRODY

Giant Baba vs. Bruiser Brody

ALL JAPAN, International Championship Tournament, semi final
Apr 27, 1981 Aichiken Taiikukan (Aichi prefecture)


I often think about Bruiser Brody. May be he was a man who had a complex character. Brody became a superstar in the world of Japanese pro-wrestling, but I don't know what estimation he was given in USA.

When Brody visited to Japan for the first time in 1979, he was an unknown young wrestler. (Perhaps I had read about him as a new star of MSG.) His powerful fight-style was valued by Baba, and he speedily became an ace of foreigners in ALL JAPAN.

Brody challenged Baba's PWF title. At that time Baba took a fall from Brody, but Baba said "If I fight against him again, I'm not confident of victory." And Brody was active in The Champion's Carnival '81, he lost out to Baba again, but got a second place.

I think that International Championship was a very important title for Brody. I remember various dramatic scenes about this title and Brody.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment