Jan 31, 2012

THE FUNKS vs. ROBINSON, HOFFMAN


THE FUNKS vs. BILL ROBINSON, HORST HOFFMAN

ALL JAPAN, The World Open Tag Tournament
1977, KYUDEN KINEN TAIIKUKAN (FUKUOKA)


First of all I want to tell the result of this match, it was called a draw.
When the FUNK brothers fought with babyfaces, nearly always the time was up, and the match ended in a tie.
I wonder why they were popular with children in Japan.
For that matter, I liked DORY, too. (^_^;

HOFFMAN must have been a competent wrestler.
But probably his style misfitted ALL JAPAN's Americanized wrestling.
In 1975, when he was invited by BABA, he lost out to TSURUTA who was a green hand.

From what I hear, HOFFMAN was the inventor of the bow and arrow backbreaker.
It was INOKI's favorite hold.
This is my later thought, HOFFMAN ought to have joined NEW JAPAN, and fought with INOKI.

No comments:

Post a Comment